Call 1-800-275-4932 option 4 for Loyalty services, then 1 for upgrade program.
Price of drive
- includes shipping
- there are no taxes
- there is no duty. Majority of drives ship from within Canada
- if charged duty WD will reimburse you
- all amounts are in USD
- via UPS Ground
- billing and shipping addresses can be different
- the drives are shipped from within Canada, however some have reported that their's came from the US (if you get charged taxes WD will reimburse you)
How many can I order?
- you need a unique S/N for every drive you want
- you can order as many drives as you want (well within reason) on one phone call as long as you have unique S/Ns for each
What drives do they have?
- They have over 30 different models available. the popular ones in this thread are the 400GB SATA, 320GB SATA, and the 36GB Raptor.
WD3200JD SATA 150 MB/s 7200rpm 320gig 8.9 ms 8 MB cache $89
WD2500JD SATA 150 MB/s 7200 250 8.9 ms 8 MB $65
WD3200JB EIDE 100 MB/s 7200 320 8.9 ms 8 MB $97
WD2500JB EIDE 100 MB/s 7200 250 8.9 ms 8 MB $65
WD4000KD SATA 150 MB/s 7200 400 8.9 ms 16 MB $143
WD2500SB EIDE 100 MB/s 7200 250 8.9 ms 8 MB $77
WD360GD SATA 1.5 Gb/s 10,000 36 4.5 ms 8 MB $82
New drive comes with warranty (3 yrs/5 yrs for Raptor's)
How much are they?
- See above
- For other drives simply call them or email them and they will tell you if its available and how much they are.
- you need a S/N from a WD drive
- you do not need to send in the old drive
- any warrenty on the old drive will be invalidated
- drives w/o any warrenty is valid
- To get the s/n off of a drive in your machine you can use WD's Datalifeguard tools:
When will it end?
- No set date. It's not a sale but an ongoing customer loyalty program. WD can terminate it at any time, however its been in operation for quite a while now.
Mod Edit : marked up used Serial numbers. Thanks for a great deal!
The time now is 8:36 AM EDT.
Comments rated down (5-) will be hidden.
Please rate up and down the comments.