$50,000 BACKYARD MAKEOVER CONTEST 2009To Enter: No purchase necessary. Starting on or about April 8th, 2009, enter in one of the following ways: (1) Print your name, address, telephone number and age on an official entry form. Drop your entry into a ballot box at any participating Home Hardware, Home Hardware Building Centre or Home Building Centre or mail to: $50,000 Backyard Makeover Contest, P.O. Box 232, Millgrove, Ontario, L0R 1V0, or courier to: $50,000 Backyard Makeover Contest, 955 Safari Road, Millgrove, Ontario, L0R 1V0. Mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. Each mail-in entry must be in a separate envelope with sufficient paid postage. Or (2) Enter online at www.ctv.ca or at www.homehardware.ca. Click on the “enter” button and an entry form will appear. Fully complete the entry form, including name, address, telephone number, age and email address and submit your entry form on-line. Current subscribers as of the beginning of the Contest Period or persons who subscribe to www.homehardware.ca during the Contest Period will receive an email describing this contest and will need to click on the, “Yes, I want to enter” icon to enter the contest during the Contest Period. By clicking this icon, subscribers will obtain a maximum of one entry into the Contest. Current and new subscribers who receive an email describing this contest and forward it to a friend or friends will receive one (1) additional entry into the contest for each unique friend they have referred who is not already a www.homehardware.ca subscriber and who signs up to receive future subscriptions from www.homehardware.ca on or before the end of the Contest Period.
1. Contest Eligibility and Close Date: The contest is open only to residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of Home Hardware Stores Limited ("Contest Sponsors"), their advertising and promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, representatives, and agents and all those with whom they are domiciled. To be eligible, entries must be received in ballot boxes by store closing on June 17th, 2009 or otherwise no later than 11:59 PM EST on June 17th, 2009, the contest close date.
2. There is one Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of a $50,000 Backyard Makeover. The Grand Prize consists of (a) $20,000 designated to the ‘project’ – i.e. a choice of projects may include for example a new deck, shed, interlocking brick, (b) $20,000 for labour and installation and (c) $10,000 for other items such as a BBQ, patio set, planters etc. In order to receive the Grand Prize the winner must own a property which includes a back-yard which can be made-over. The make-over will be filmed by the Sponsor and its agents and may be broadcast nationally on Canada AM. Winner consents to the filming of the make-over including (a) featuring winner’s back yard before and after the make-over and (b) use of winner and/or winner’s family members or members of winner’s household and their respective names, voices, comments, likenesses and images as captured in filming the make-over for use in perpetuity by Sponsor and it’s agents and affiliates throughout Canada in any and all media including broadcast and the internet and winner must agree to sign, and have his/her family/household members (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) sign the appropriate release documentation to give effect to this consent. In the event the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, are unable to fulfill any portion of the Grand Prize, such portion shall be forfeited and will not be substituted with an additional prize or cash equivalent.
3. Grand Prize Draw: Five eligible entrants will be selected for the Grand Prize by a random draw, conducted on or about 1:00 pm ET on July 17th, 2009, in Millgrove, Ontario, from among all eligible entries (ballot, mail-in and online) received in all regions. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of entries received. Contest Sponsors shall view all 5 selected entrant’s backyards to determine which back yard, in its sole discretion, is suitable for the Makeover. The selected entrant who is the owner of selected backyard will win the Grand Prize. The remaining 4 entrants will all be awarded second prizes.
4. There are 10 Second Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one $1,000 Home Hardware Gift Card. Gift Cards are valid at all Home Hardware stores across Canada. Winners will be required to pick up the Second Prizes from the Home Hardware store closest to the winner’s home. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
5. There are 12 Third Prizes available to be won each consisting of one Yardman stainless steel deck lawnmower. Model is subject to availability . Approximate retail value is $499.99 each. Winners will be required to pick up the Third Prizes from the Home Hardware closest to the winner’s home. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
6. There are 100 Fourth Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one one-day deck restoration system awarded in the form of a $75 gift certificate from Home Hardware for Natura deck cleaning products and Wood Shield Stain. Gift Certificate expires July 17, 2010. Winners will be required to pick up the Fourth Prizes from the Home Hardware closest to the winner’s home. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Prizes may not be exactly as shown in contest publicity or promotional materials. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to shall be the responsibility of winner.
7. Regional Draws: The remaining 6 second prize winners and the third and fourth prize winners will be selected by random draws, conducted on or about 1:00 pm ET on July 17th, 2009 in Millgrove Ontario. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received per region.
Regions are as follows:
Eastern Region: Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador
Western Region: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and the three Territories
Central Region: Ontario
On-line entrants will be grouped together and treated as a region for the purpose of the draws.
For the second prizes, 3 winners will be selected from the Eastern Region, 3 from the Western Region, 3 from the Central Region and 1 from on-line entrants.
For the third prizes, 3 winners will be selected from the Eastern Region, 3 from the Western Region, 3 from the Central Region and 3 from on-line entrants.
For the fourth prizes, 30 winners will be selected from the Eastern Region, 30 from the Western Region, 30 from the Central Region and 10 from on-line entrants.
8. Best efforts will be made to contact the eligible winners by telephone, mail or e-mail within 48 hours of the draw. To win, each selected entrant must first have complied with the rules and correctly answered, unaided, a time limited skill-testing question to be administered by e-mail or telephone by the contest judging organization at a prearranged mutually convenient time. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw or if contacted does not claim his or her prize on or before date and time specified by the Contest Sponsors, or does not meet all of the contest conditions, another entry will be selected from all remaining eligible entries, per region where applicable.
9. Prize Substitution: Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Contest Sponsors reserve the rights, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize(s) awarded with prize(s) of equivalent or greater value for any reason.
10. General Conditions: Successful entrants will be instructed how to claim their prize. Each selected entrant will be required to sign a standard release form confirming compliance with and agreement to be bound by the contest rules and release of Contest Sponsors, their directors, officers, dealers, partners and employees from any and all liability arising from the acceptance of the prize as awarded. The decisions of the Contest Sponsors and contest judging organization is final. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
11. Publicity: By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the decision of the Sponsors and the contest judging organization, and consents to the use of their name, city of residence, likeness, photograph, image and voice without payment or compensation, in any publicity or advertising in any medium carried out by Contest Sponsors. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned.
12. Termination: Contest Sponsors reserve the right, subject to applicable law, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this contest in whole or in part if for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, technical failure, or computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the contest without prior notice. In such event, a winner may be selected by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received up to such time of cancellation, termination or suspension. The right is reserved to terminate, modify or withdraw this contest at any time without prior notice with approval from the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
13. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors from any liability in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities or, if declared a winner, the use or misuse of a prize. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor.
14. Liability: Contest Sponsors, their directors, officers, partners, dealers and employees shall not be responsible for: any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) with respect to, or in any way arising from, this contest, the prizes awarded, or participants' or any other persons' computer system(s); lost, destroyed, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or late entries which will be void; or incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical failure or error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data, transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, servers, software, traffic congestion on the internet or any website or any other online communication problems or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified or altered are void. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of laws and may be subject to remedies and damages, including criminal prosecution.
The time now is 7:43 PM EDT.
Comments rated down (5-) will be hidden.
Please rate up and down the comments.